Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas cookies

Heather and I wanted to bake some cookies for Christmas. She loves to make sugar cookies and decorate them for the holiday's. I like to make them, but the problem is I like to "eat" them too. Which is why we usually don't. This year one of our friends was having a bridal shower for her daughter in law to be, so we made all of our goodies then took them to the shower the next day. It worked out so good for us.


I made up a new recipe. I had these great cookies from the temple cafeteria a couple of weeks ago. They are like a little carrot cake cookie. I copied the recipe they had, but there were ingredients that I was unfamilar with. So I bought a box of carrot cake mix and added 1 stick of butter, some pecans and two eggs, dropped them by cookie scoop and baked them at 350degrees for about 10 minutes, let them cool and then frosted them with frosting with orange juice added. MMMM good. These are a new favorite.
Cynthia

No comments: