Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Allie and Mom's Cross Country Trip

Just a few pictures of the trip to Virginia.
I went to the old part of Leesburg to do some antique shopping. Everything closes at 5pm so I didn't get a chance to do alot of shopping.

At the American History museum (part of the Smithsonian) they had the original flag on display. The one Francis Scott Key wrote about. It was in complete darkness, no flash photography. I hoped that my camera would catch it, it took several tries but I got this shot. Pretty good, although you can't see the writing. It is the "star spangled banner".

Read more here:
http://americanhistory.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibition.cfm?key=38&exkey=70

Allie at the edge of the mississippi river, where the pioneers crossed during the winter after being evicted from Nauvoo



I love this picture, it really looks like they are just shadows. This is a bronze statue of the Prophet and his brother Hyrum. It is directly in front of the temple.



Another view of the temple. What a great spirit that is so evident on the temple grounds. It brought me to tears.



No comments: